Pairing: Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley
Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley
Blurb:stmargarets said it best:
Ten Reasons Why I Ship H/G
1. Because it's canon. (Do you know how *satisfying* it is to say that?)
2. Because Ginny has loved Harry fiercely in season and out of season.
3. Because Harry deserves to be loved fiercely.
4. Because Ginny is the type of girl who deserves a second look - even at age ten.
5. Because Harry realized that Ginny deserved a second look at age eleven.
6. Because Red hair and black hair look good together on a pillow.
7. Because Ginny loves her family and so does Harry.
8. Because Harry is the *only* man good enough for the Weasley brothers's sister.
9. Because their kisses last for several sunlit days.
10. Because Ginny lets Harry be Harry - even when he's sooo wrong to break up.
So I need to update in light of DH. The above reasons are still valid, of course!
Ten Reasons Why I *Still* Ship H/G
1. Because it’s still canon! (And it's still satisfying to say that!)
2. Because Ginny knows the best birthday presents to give Harry
3. Because Ginny doesn't have to marry the nameless, faceless guy.(Cho does, poor dear)
4. Because Ginny steals swords and does what she can for Harry even when apart.
5. Because Harry's only fun on the camping trip was looking at her dot on a map.
6. Because twenty-something years later there are three Potter dots on the map.
7. Because now his best friends are his brother and sister-in-law.
8. Because Ginny was his last thought when Voldemort was going to kill him
9. Because neither one of them is a vampire. (Vampires squick me)HP - you're my One True fandom.
10. Because Ginny was at Kings Cross in book one and she's there in the epilogue.
and alxndrjosephine too:
- Because I can read between the lines.
- I respect the author to created Harry Potter, and if it's good enough for her, then who am I to complain.
- Because "The loudest sound is love unspoken"; love doesn't need to be loud or seen to be deep and real, it has to be felt.
- Because Harry doesn't need Ginny in his life; he WANTS her to be part of his life.
- Because Ginny lets Harry be wrong, and accepts his failings as only a person truly in love would.
The following recs are some of my favourites, but this list is by no means complete. I'd also like to mention that I was going to put in After the End by Arabella and Zsenya, as well as Seeking Ginny by Casca, but they've already been recced by other people.
Fic Rec #1: The New Zealand Chronicles Harry and Ginny journey to New Zealand to take a Search and Rescue Course during their first year of marriage.
Why This Must Be Read: A very believable post-Book 7 scenario about how Harry and Ginny finally begin their life together. A must read for every H/G lover out there. If this doesn't convince you that H/G are meant to be together, nothing will. While you're at it, go check out all of stmargarets stories. She'll make you a believer.
Fic Rec #2 The Seventh Horcrux The hunt for the Horcruxes begins. Harry has to decide who to trust as he moves closer to fulfilling his destiny. Will he be able to find and destroy all the Horcruxes? And at what price? Will he be able to find the strength within himself "the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not" in order to succeed in vanquishing Voldemort? And, can he do it and still get the girl? Join Harry and his faithful friends on their quest to finally defeat a Dark Lord.
Why This Must Be Read: Before Deathly Hallows came out, a rumor began circulating that a leaked version of it could be found on the net. It turned out that it was this masterpiece of fanfiction by melindaleo, one of the best Action/Adventure HP fanfic writers out there. It's uncanny how many things she got correctly about Deathly Hallows, so it's no wonder that people believed that this was indeed the actual book. Lots more H/G in this one though, so I think I prefer this version. :)
Fic Rec #3: The Hope of Her After the final battle, Harry and Ginny are reunited.
Why This Must Be Read: Out of all the H/G reunion fanfics out there, this is one of the best ones. It reads like canon, and it would not be hard to imagine that it fits somewhere between the last chapter of Deathly Hallows and the Epilogue.
Fic Rec #4: Away From the Sun What do you do when your life is torn from you? You fight back, that’s what you do. Ginny Weasley was always strong. But is she strong enough to survive when the world spins out of control around her? First chapter begins post-DH, after the battle, and moves AU from there.
Rating/Warning(s): PG-13, with an NC-17 version on her friendslocked livejournal account.
Why This Must Be Read: I love the fact that a Harry whose memories have been completely destroyed still manages to find his way back to Ginny, and that Ginny stubbornly refused to believe he was gone, even if it meant alienating herself from the rest of her family. If that isn't true love, then what is?
Fic Rec #5: such a beautiful blank (but smooth it) Ginny picks a rose and her world spins out of control.
Why This Must Be Read: A one-shot full of mystery and magic, it's a brilliant story on so many levels, but the reason I love it is because Ginny discovers that after trying so many other tactics, all she really had to do to get Harry back was to be herself. It mirrors canon beautifully.
Fic Rec #6: Love Fool Harry makes a love potion, and it doesn't go off as planned.
Why This Must Be Read: Delylah has tons of excellent stories, but this is the one I like best. It's so much fun to watch Oblivious Harry wonder and become increasingly frustrated as to why Ginny isn't reacting as expected to an accidentally given love potion. An added bonus comes in the form of Snape, who unwillingly becomes the catalyst as why H/G get together.
Fic Rec #7: A Real Superiority of Mind “Yes, vanity is a weakness indeed. But pride – where there is a real superiority of mind, pride will be always under good regulation.” - Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. A post-Hogwarts H/G, R/H dramedy that explores the downsides of excessive pride - and answers the immortal question: will Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione live happily ever after?
Why This Must Be Read: This is a sweet, funny and often hilarious take on a Ginny trying her hardest to refuse Harry, who wants her back. She doesn't want to forgive him for leaving her, but a determined Harry is pretty hard to resist.
Fic Rec #8: Redolence An elder sibling all his life, Bill Weasley never anticipated using his brotherly skills on Harry Potter. On the eve of his wedding to Fleur Delacour, however, the elemental truths will not be ignored.
Why This Must Be Read: For an H/G story wherein Ginny doesn't make an appearance at all, this one is really amazing. Rant uses the unique perspective of the sense of smell to evoke images that seem to pull you in and leave you amazed at how much depth she manages to convey. It's hard to describe exactly what this author does in order to evoke such powerful emotions in the reader, but once you read it, you'll understand.
Fic Rec #9: The Mechanics of the Human Engine During a summer holiday at the Burrow before his final year at Hogwarts, Harry discovers Sirius' motorcycle tucked away in a shed on the Weasleys' property. With Ginny's help, he gets it up and running again.
Author: Magnolia Mama/magstopia
Link: part 1 http://community.livejournal.com/hpgw_ficafest/6732.html#cutid1
Link: epilogue http://community.livejournal.com/hpgw_ficafest/8633.html#cutid1
Why This Must Be Read: This atmospheric piece conveys a whole range of emotions and feelings in a Harry and Ginny who do not know yet exactly how they feel about each other. The way they bond over something as innocuous as a motor bike changes their relationship in subtle ways, and they find out that they have more in common than they originally thought. In the end, you can just tell that they've discovered that they may just have something wonderful together.
Fic Rec #10: Instincts Instincts, she discovered, were often misleading.
Why This Must Be Read: It's a shame that calixa has stopped writing H/G fanfiction because she is brilliant. This is one of the very first H/G stories that I read, and it's still my all-time favourite. I love how Harry's and Ginny's insecurities about each other lead them to jump to all the wrong conclusions about their relationship. It's fascinating to see how a one-shot can lead you through so many ups and downs and then leave you feeling good in the end.